- New Annex
- College A-Z
Krishnan B. Chandran
1402 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
D.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Washington University, 1972
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Washington University, 1969
B. Tech., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, 1966
B.S., Physics, American College, 1963
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Cardiovascular biomechanics; fluid dynamics in the human circulation.
Present Research Interests:
Vascular prosthesis and artificial heart valve dynamics; fluid dynamics and mass transport in arteries; fluid dynamics and atherosclerosis.
- Chandran, K. B. (2006) "Heart Valve Prostheses." Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation, 2nd Edition, edited by John G. Webster, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ. 3(407-426)
- Chandran, K. B., Wahle, A., Vigmostad, S., Olszewski, M. E., Rossen, J. D., and Sonka, M. (2006). "Coronary Arteries: Imaging, Reconstruction, and Fluid Dynamic Analysis." Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 34 (23-103).
- Wahle, A., Lopez, J. J., Olszewski, M. E., Vigmostad, S. C., Chandran, K. B., Rossen, J. D., and Sonka, M. (2006). "Analysis of the interdependencies among plaque development, vessel curvature, and wall shear stress in coronary arteries." Medical Image Analysis, 10(615-631).
- Kim, H., Lu, J., Sacks, M. S., and Chandran, K. B. (2006) "Dynamic simulation of pericardial bioprosthetic heart valve function." ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 128(717-724).
- Krishnan, S., Udaykumar, H. S., Marshall, J. S., and Chandran, K. B. (2006) "Dynamic analysis of platelet activation during mechanical valve operation." Annals of Biomedical Engineering 34(1519-1534).
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Biomechanics; American Society of Engineering Education; Fellow, Biomedical Engineering Society; Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers; Fellow, American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineers.