C. Allan Guymon
4125 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado-Boulder, 1997.
M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado-Boulder, 1995.
B.S., Chemistry, Weber State University, 1993.
B.S., Applied Mathematics, Weber State University, 1993.
Present Research Interests:
Polymer Reaction Engineering; UV Curable Coatings; Polymer/Liquid Crystal Composites; Controlled Release; Templated and Ordered Polymerizations.
- S. K. Kim, and C. A. Guymon, “Effects of polymerizable organoclays on oxygen inhibition of acrylate and thiol-acrylate photopolymerization,” Polymer 2012, 53(8), 1640-1650.
- J. C. Clarke, B. W. Tuft, J. D. Clinger, R. Levine, L. Sievens-Figueroa, C. A. Guymon, and M. R. Hansen, “Micropatterned Methacrylate Polymers Direct Spiral Ganglion Neurite and Schwann Cell Growth,” Hearing Research 2011, 278(1-2), 96-105. PMCID: PMC3152664
- B. S. Forney, and C. A. Guymon, “Fast Deswelling Kinetics of Nanostructured Poly(N-Isopropylacrylamide) Photopolymerized in a Lyotropic Liquid Crystal Template,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2011, 32(9-10), 765-769.
- S. K. Kim and C. A. Guymon, “Photopolymerization Behavior in Nanocomposites Formed with Thiol-acrylate and Polymerizable Organoclays,” Journal of Polymer Science A: Polymer Chemistry 2011, 49(2), 465-475.
- B. S. Forney and C. A. Guymon, “Nanostructure Evolution during Photopolymerization in Lyotropic Liquid Crystal Templates,” Macromolecules 2010, 43(20), 8502-8510.
- L. Sievens-Figueroa, and C. A. Guymon, “Polymerization Kinetics and Nanostructure Evolution of Reactive Lyotropic Liquid Crystals with Different Reactive Group Position,” Macromolecules 2009, 42(23), 9243–9250.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Institute of Chemical Engineers, American Chemical Society, Materials Research Society