- New Annex
- College A-Z
Mani V. Subramanian
4139 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, 1978.
M.Sc., Chemistry/Biochemistry, Bangalore University, 1975.
B.Sc., Chemistry and Biology, Bangalore University, 1973.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Biochemistry; Bioinformatics; Biotechnology; Molecular Biology.
Present Research Interests:
Discovery and application of enzymes and microorganism for various chemical, pharmaceutical, agro-chemical processes. Gene discovery and cloning. Microbial fermentation for production of products ranging from ethanol to proteins. Protein expression. Metabolism of natural and xenobiotic compounds and its applications.
- S. Das, J. Glenn IV and M.V. Subramanian (2009). Enantioselective oxidation of 2-hydroxycarboxylic acids by glycolate oxidase and catalase coexpressed in methylotrophic Pichia pastoris. Biotechnology Progress (accepted for publication).
- C.L. Yu, M. Louie, R. Summers, S. Gopishetty and M.V. Subramanian (2009). J. Bacteriol. 191:4624-32.
- M.V. Subramanian (2009). Biorefinery and Planet Earth: Is this Marriage made in Heaven? In Bioprocess and Bioproducts: Technology, Trends and Opportunities (Ed. S. Biswas, N. Kaushik, and A. Pandey), Asiatech Publishers, Inc. New Delhi.
- J.L. Seffernick, S.K. Samantha, M. Louie, L.P. Wackett, and M. Subramanian (2009). J. Biotechnology (In Press).
- C.L. Yu, Y. Kale, S. Gopishetty, M. Louie and M.V. Subramanian (2008). J. Bacteriol 190: 772-776.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society for the Advancement of Science (AAAS); American Society of Microbiology (ASM); Society of Industrial Microbiology (SIM); American Chemical Society (ACS).