- New Annex
- College A-Z
Jerald L. Schnoor
Professor Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor Occupational and Environmental Health
Faculty Research Engineer IIHR -- Hydroscience & Engineering
Researcher Center for Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing
Researcher Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Institute
Editor-in-Chief Environmental Science and Technology Journal
4119 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Texas, 1975
M.S., Environmental Health Engineering, University of Texas, 1974
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Iowa State, 1972
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Water quality modeling; aquatic chemistry; climate change.
Present Research Interests:
Groundwater contamination and hazardous waste remediation; global change; water observatories; phytoremediation; sustainability.
- Schnoor, J.L. "Global Warming: A Consequence of Human Activities Rivaling Earth's Biogeochemical Processes," Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, Vol. 11, pp. 1105-1110, 2005.
- Schnoor, J.L. "Living in a Changing Water Environment." The Bridge. 38 (3), 46-54, National Academy of Engineering, 2008.
- Montgomery, J.L.T., Harmon, B. Minsker, J. Schnoor, W. Kaiser, A. Sanderson, C.N. Haas, R. Hooper, N.L. Clesceri, W. Graham, and P. Brezonik. 2007. The WATERS Network: an integrated environmental observatory network for water research. Environmental Science and Technology 41 (19):6642-6647.
- Schnoor, J.L., Environmental Modeling: Fate of Chemicals in Water, Air and Soil, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1996.
- Schnoor, J.L., Licht, L.A., McCutcheon, S.C., Wolfe, N.L. and Carreira, L.H., "Phytoremediation of Organic and Nutrient Contaminants," Environ. Sci. Technol., Vol. 29, No. 7, 318A-323A, 1995.
- McCutcheon, S.C. and Schnoor, J.L. (Eds). Phytoremediation: Transformation and Control of Contaminants, Wiley Interscience, 987 pp., 2003.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
National Academy of Engineering; American Academy of Environmental Engineers, American Society of Civil Engineers; American Institute of Chemical Engineers; Water Environment Federation; Tau Beta Pi; Omega Chi Epsilon; Chi Epsilon, Chapter Honor Member UI; Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors; EPA Science Advisory Board, NIEHS