Faculty Complaints

Students with complaints against faculty should first attempt to resolve the issue with the faculty member against whom there is a complaint. Lacking a satisfactory outcome, the student should discuss the matter with the chairperson of the faculty member's program/division/department.

Students who are uncomfortable with dealing directly with a faculty member or a program/division chair may seek assistance from the College of Engineering Ombudsperson in seeking a resolution of a complaint. However, it is anticipated that grievances generally can be satisfactorily resolved most expeditiously at the faculty or chairperson level.

If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure, the student should discuss the complaint with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs in the College of Engineering.

The College of Engineering Faculty Ombudsman will be selected at the beginning of each academic year from a list of at least two nominees submitted by the Engineering Student Council, and appointed by the Dean of Engineering after consultation with the Engineering Faculty Council.

Adopted by Faculty Action
April 28, 1981