Professor, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Affiliate Director, Iowa Project Lead the Way
Researcher, Center for Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing
4138 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1985.
B.S., Chemistry, University of Iowa, 1979.
Present Research Interests:
- Rethwisch, D.G. and Olakangil, J.F., “Kinetics of Coking in the Direct Process,” Silicon Chem. Ind. VIII, 103-120 (2006).
- Galgano, J.J., Karunatilaka, C., Rethwisch, D.G., and Tivanski, A.V., “Atomic force microscopy study of photoreversible nanoscale surface relief grating patterns on side chain dendritic polyester thin films,” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, Vol. 360, Issues 1-3, 167-174 (2010).
- Long, T.R., Gupta, A., Miller, A.L., Rethwisch, D.G., and Bowden, Tivanski, N., “Selective Flux of Organic Liquids and Solids Using Nanoporous Membranes of Polydicyclopentadiene,” Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 21, Issue: 37, 14265-14276 (2011).
- Callister, William D., Jr. and Rethwisch, David G., Fundamentals of Materials Science and Engineering (4rd edition), Wiley and Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, 2011.
- Callister, William D., Jr. and Rethwisch, David G., Materials Science and Engineering an Introduction (9th edition), Wiley and Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, 2013.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Institute of Chemical Engineering
Alpha Chi Sigma
Tau Beta Pi
Omega Chi Epsilon
American Society of Engineering Education