- New Annex
- College A-Z
WORKING AT IOWA - SURVEY 2012
College of Engineering Results
In the Fall of 2012, the University conducted the third Working at Iowa Survey of faculty and staff, following similar surveys conducted in 2006 and 2008. This survey provides a snapshot of employee engagement by asking for employee perceptions of their individual job, their unit, and the University as a whole. Each college received a report summarizing the results from faculty and staff in that College. The College of Engineering Report is available for your review and consideration.
In addition to the report, the College has prepared two comparison charts that display 1) Engineering faculty results compared to UI faculty results, and 2) Engineering staff results compared to UI staff results. The comparison charts display the total percentage agreement on each survey question and can be used to compare Engineering faculty and staff results with UI results. Click here to view the comparison charts.
Some highlights from the College of Engineering results include:
- 67.3% of our faculty and staff responded to the survey.
- The overall results show strong engagement levels among Engineering faculty and staff, which is cause for celebration!
- Areas of particular strength for the College include: respectful relationships between supervisors and faculty/staff (Question 6), a civil and respectful environment overall (Question 13), and a strong focus on excellent service (Question 8).
- Consistent with campus-wide results, areas that may warrant further consideration include workload distribution (Question 9) and support for work/life balance (Question 10).
The College of Engineering results have been shared with Engineering Administrative Council, Engineering Faculty Council, and the Engineering Staff Advisory Council. Opportunities for further conversation and planning related to the survey results will be coordinated soon. Updates will be posted on this webpage.
- Brown bag lunch session to review and discuss the College results on Wednesday, April 10, 2013, at 12 – 1 p.m. in 3111 SC. All College of Engineering faculty and staff are encouraged to attend to share their thoughts about the results and their ideas for responding to the results.
Please peruse the survey report to learn more specifics about the results. If you have questions or comments about the College of Engineering Working at Iowa survey results, or ideas about follow-up actions, please feel free to share those ideas with your department human resources administrator or Jan Waterhouse, Director of Human Resources.
The University of Iowa Report displaying survey results for the entire campus is also available for your review and consideration. Additional Working at Iowa information can be found on the University Human Resources-Working at Iowa webpage.
It is expected that the Working at Iowa survey will be repeated again in 2014.