2408 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
PhD, University of Florida, 1994.
MS, University of Florida, 1990.
Bachelor of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Chennai), 1988.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Computational fluid dynamics; Moving boundaries interacting with flows; Biofluid mechanics; Materials processing.
Present Research Interests:
Development of accurate and flexible numerical methods for the simulation of three-dimensional flows in the presence of moving boundaries; broad areas of interest are phase change, multiphase/multimaterial flows and fluid-structure interactions. Applications include: 1. Biomedical flows: white blood cell mechanics, cardiovascular fluid mechanics.
- H. S. Udaykumar, S. V. Marella and S. Krishnan, 2003, Sharp Interface Simulation of Dendritic Growth with Convection: Benchmarks, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf., Vol. 46, pp. 2615-2627.
- J. W. Garvin and H. S. Udaykumar, 2003, Particle-solidification Front Dynamics: Part I: Simulations Using a Fully Coupled Approach, J. Crystal Growth, Vol. 252, pp. 451-466.
- B. Jeffrey, H. S. Udaykumar, K. Schulze, 2003, Flowfields Generated By Peristaltic Reflex in the Isolated Guinea Pig Ileum: Impact of Depth and of Shoulders of Contractions, Am. J. Physiology, Vol. 285, pp. G907-918.
- L. Mao, H. S. Udaykumar and J. O. M. Karlsson, 2003, Simulation of Micro-scale Interaction Between Ice and Biological Cells, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transf., Vol. 46, pp. 5123-5136.
- L. Tran and H. S. Udaykumar, 2004, A Particle-levelset Based Sharp Interface Cartesian Grid Method for Impact, Penetration and Void Collapse, J. Comp. Phys, Vol. 193, pp. 469-510.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Biomedical Engineering Society.