- New Annex
- College A-Z
2137 Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D., Solid Mechanics, University of California-Berkeley, 1999.
M.Eng., Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, 1988.
B.S., Applied Mechanics, Beijing Institute of Aeronautics, 1985.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Biomechanics, Continuum Mechanics, Computational Mechanics, Finite Elasticity.
Present Research Interests:
Mechanics of Soft Tissues, Computational Mechanics, Nonlinear Elasticity, and Inverse Problems.
- Xuefeng Zhao, Madhavan L. Raghavan, Jia Lu, Identifying Heterogeneous Anisotropic Properties in Cerebral Aneurysms: A Pointwise Approach. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechnobiology, in press.
- Jia Lu, Circular Element: Isogeometric Elements of Smooth Boundary. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 198, 2391-2402, 2009.
- Jia Lu and Xuefeng Zhao, Pointwise Identification of Elastic Properties in Nonlinear Hyperelastic Membranes. Part I: Theoretical and Computational Developments; Part II: Experimental Validation. ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, 76, 061013/1-061013/10 and 061014/1-061014/8,2009.
- Jia Lu, Xianlian Zhou and Madhavan L. Raghavan, Inverse Elastostatic Stress Analysis in Pre-Deformed Biological Structures: Demonstration Using Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Journal of Biomechanics, 40, 693-696, 2007.
- Hyunggun Kim, Krishnan B Chandran, Michael S. Sacks and Jia Lu, An Experimentally Derived Stress Resultant Shell Model for Heart Valve Dynamic Simulations. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 35, 30-44, 2007.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
Member of ASME.