- New Annex
- College A-Z
Olesya I. Zhupanska
Associate Professor Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Associate Professor Applied Mathematical and Computational Sciences
Researcher Center for Computer Aided Design
2416A Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences
Joined the College of Engineering:
Ph.D. Mechanics of Solids and Applied Mathematics (2000) Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Ukraine.
M.S. Mechanics and Applied Mathematics (1996) Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Ukraine.
Special Fields of Knowledge:
Solid Mechanics; Mechanics of Composites; Contact Mechanics; Mechanics of Particulate Materials; Applied Mathematics.
Present Research Interests:
Mechanics of multifunctional composites and nanocomposites; Electro-magneto-thermo-mechanical coupling in solids; Contact problems with friction and adhesion.
- Barakati A., Zhupanska O. I. Analysis of the Effects of a Pulsed Electromagnetic Field on the Dynamic Response of Electrically Conductive Composites, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 36, 2012, pp. 6072-6089.
- Zhupanska O. I. Adhesive Full Stick Contact of a Rigid Cylinder with an Elastic Half-space, International Journal of Engineering Science, 55 (1), 2012, pp.54-65.
- Deierling P. E., Zhupanska O. I. Experimental Study of High Electric Current Effects in Carbon/epoxy Composites, Composites Science and Technology, 71 (14), 2011, pp.1659-1664.
- Zantout A. E., Zhupanska O. I. On the Electrical Resistance of Carbon Fiber Polymer Matrix Composites, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 41, 2010, pp. 1719-1727.
- Zhupanska O. I. Axisymmetric Contact with Friction of a Rigid Sphere with an Elastic Half-Space, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 465, 2009, pp. 2565-2588.
Active Scientific and Professional Society Memberships:
American Society of Mechanical Engineers, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, American Society for Composites, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.