ME ABET Accreditation
The University of Iowa Mechanical Engineering BSE Program is proud to be accredited by ABET. The Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program has a clear mission, objectives, and educational outcomes allowing us to continuously improve education.
ABET VISION (www.abet.org)
ABET will provide world leadership in assuring quality and in stimulating innovation in applied science, computing, engineering, and technology education.
ABET serves the public through the promotion and advancement of education in applied science, computing, engineering and technology.
- Accredit educational programs.
- Promote quality and innovation in education.
- Consult and assist in the development and advancement of education worldwide in a financially self-sustaining manner.
- Communicate with our constituencies and the public regarding activities and accomplishments.
- Anticipate and prepare for the changing environment and the future needs of constituencies.
- Manage the operations and resources to be effective and fiscally responsible.