- New Annex
- College A-Z
April 19 Research Open House Features Poster Sessions, More
Friday, April 13, 2012
By Gary Galluzzo
University of Iowa
The College of Engineering will host its 10th annual Research Open House from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, April 19, at the Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences. Designed to encourage interdisciplinary research among students, faculty, and staff, the event is free and open to the public.
The event will showcase, celebrate, and promote research activities, capabilities and accomplishments of the College of Engineering's faculty, students, and staff. It will also provide opportunities for graduate and undergraduate recruitment, encourage development of new industrial contacts, and inform university and community guests about research at the college.
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Welcome Area and Information Desk, south entrance to Seamans Center
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Student Research Poster Session, including 141 student research presentations, Second Floor Lobby
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Student Seminar for those interested in graduate school, Rockwell Collins Conference Room, Room 3111; Allan Guymon, professor, chemical engineering
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Workshop on the use of a web-based bibliography tool; Kari Kozak, interim head, Engineering Library
- 5 to 5:50 p.m.: Paul D. Scholz Symposium, “The Future of Energy,” by Dan Mineck, retired vice president of engineering and environment at Alliant Energy and member of the College of Engineering Advisory Board; Macbride Auditorium, Macbride Hall
Further information: College of Engineering, 319-335-5764.